Organizing: Initial Baskets


Confession: I am not naturally organized. People who know me might laugh at the idea that I'm giving anyone organization tips, but here's the thing: I'm actually the most qualified to be giving organizations tips because I'm not naturally organized! Naturally organized people don't need organization tips- they're already organized! I am here to help the disorganized person, because I am the most scattered and lazy, so if it worked for me, it can definitely help anyone.

One of the biggest things I struggle with is clutter- if something doesn't have an obvious, easily accessible home, it's much more likely that I'll just leave it on a counter or table. But what about things you use all the time: the book you're currently reading, the hat you wear every day, headphones, mail you need to respond to, etc. This is why baskets are my best friend.

I assign a basket to each family member (Geoff, Lindsey, Dogs) and keep it in these cubbies near the front door in the living room. That way it's easy to just throw things in there. When the basket gets too full, the owner has to sort it out and purge. I also make a box for receipts, so it's easy to take them out of my purse and thrown them in there.

Comments

Popular Posts